With the presence of convenient online facilities, it has become easy to apply and track our Driving License from the comfort of our homes. Hence, getting a driving license is quite an easy job. However, it is mandatory to appear for a driver’s license test in order to get a new driving license. To practice and learn driving, you must first get a Learners License, which is also called as provisional license and then it is a mandatory to take a test to get a permanent license. It can be exciting or scary to appear for a test. But as a mandate, you must clear the test, in order to receive your driving license.
Now, when you go for your Driving license test, you need to carry along some necessary documents. Here, we make you aware of all those documents that are needed by the authority at the time of your test. So that you do not falter or miss out on any of these important papers, failing which can even result in the cancellation of your application. Make sure you well prepared in advance and do not forget or miss out any one of them.
Driving License Test – Documents needed and other Info
If you have booked a slot online for Driving license test, always download the copy and take it along for the test. However, you can also visit the enquiry counter and get the application form after submitting 3 passport size photographs.
You will need to provide the following documents to get a Driving License. However, all may not be needed at the same time, but it is better to keep all documents ready.
- A valid Learner’s License.
- Form No-2 which is also called as the application form
- Form No. 1 and 1-A or the Medial Form
- The photo copy of Date of Birth Certificate
- The photo copy of Address Proof (Permanent and local)
- The receipt of the prescribed fee
- Form no-4
- The Registration Certificate of your vehicle
- Insurance Certificate of your vehicle
- Tax details
- Pollution under Control or PUC certificate
- The Fitness Certificate
- Completely filled Application form
- Recent passport size photographs either three or four
- Self-Attested copy of proof of Educational Qualification. You need to be minimum 8th standard Pass (Only in case of transport vehicle’s license)
- Copy of effective light motor vehicle driving license, which should be already held with the applicant for at least one year (Only in case of transport vehicle learner’s license) and completed the age of 20 years on the date of application.
For the Driving License test, you are also expected to pay a fee. To book the Driving License, you have to pay Rs. 40/- and you will also need to pay Rs. 50/- for appearing in the Driving Test. To get the slot, you must submit the fees along with the application form and other documents to the RTO. Lately the fees of Rs.50/- for the driving license test has been revised in Jan’17 to Rs. 300/-.
As you get to appear in the driving test, you will be asked questions on subjects like traffic rules, signs etc. Whether you have passed in the driving test, the concerned authority confirms the same in some time. In case you pass the test, the concerned authority passes the order for the issue of your driving license. But if you fail in the test, you can re-apply for the same after 7 days of the 1st test.