Because buying a car is often a large investment, it is important to take time to find the right deal. Selection announcements, vehicle inspection find 10 tips for buying your used car like a pro.
- Go to the point. The first advice we can give you is to take you in advance. Over time you will have to buy your vehicle, the more chance you have to see unforgettable occasions. If you are in a hurry to buy, you will have fewer choices and you may pay more or have a vehicle that you like less. If you intend to buy a used car in the next few months, you should start now to look at the ads.
Find the best opportunities through the advertisements cars
The first step to good buy a vehicle is to select quality ads so as not to waste time and not have unpleasant surprises after the purchase. The criteria to look to select the best ads.
- Check the vehicle’s rating. The price of a used vehicle is fixed by its rating. The odds of a vehicle depends on many factors such as age, number km, options … This award will give you an idea of the real value of the vehicle according to given criteria. It is important to check the actual rating of the vehicle before buying to make sure not to pay too much. When you resell the vehicle prospective buyers are sure the check.
- Choose quality ads. There are many factors to consider in selecting a vehicle in good condition. Here are the particulars to identify that make all the difference.
If possible favor advertisements 1st or 2nd hand which means that the car has been driven by 1 or 2 owners. Vehicles that are sleeping in a garage under less weather (temperature changes, rain, frost …) external age better and are less prone to moisture or electronic problems. An equivalent mileage chooses the vehicle that rolled over on the highway than in the city. The general wear will be much less (especially in the clutch, brakes, shock absorbers …). Prefer vehicles with bills and maintenance log to ensure the good condition of the vehicle. Some vehicles are sold with a guarantee, a benefit that will allow you to ride calmly for a while. Besides, if you need to change wheels then try UsaRim who offers quality wheels for your car.
- Find listings for the best price. For this you will need to combine patience and speed. Check regularly the ads to be among the first to see interesting announcements. Look throughout France and do not be afraid to move. You are interested in ads without pictures that attract much less attention; you will be less competition with other buyers in the best position to negotiate. If required please call to get a vehicle description.
- Plan for future maintenance costs. Preferably select vehicles with the maintenance book and bills that allow you to ensure the good condition of the vehicle. Think of looking heavy items of expenditure such as the timing belt. To find out if you will soon be replaced, you can call the dealer of the vehicle that interests you and ask after how long km and it must be changed. You might be a future client he will be happy to answer you.
- Think about the costs that will add to the purchase of the vehicle. The insurance is often a large budget, especially for young drivers. Its price varies greatly depending on model of the vehicle but also depending on the version. Generally the less powerful cars are cheaper to insure. A power equivalent choose a vehicle 5 doors cheaper to make and easier to resell. Remember also that if you buy a vehicle over 10 years the price of registration certificate will be almost halved.
Inspect and test a used car
Once you select the ads you want, make an appointment with vendors to see the vehicles. It was during this visit that you make the decision to buy or not, so this is a very important step. Check that the vehicle meets your expectations, taking care to note the following points.
- Choosing the date, place. When you go to a car for the first time it is important to see in daylight (so avoid appointment to 18h in winter), if possible in the sun but especially not a day rain. When a vehicle is wet, all surface defects are less visible (impacts on the body, scratches, plastic aging). If it rains during the visit ask to come back the vehicle. If you have the opportunity to drive in a place you know, you can better compare the car’s behavior (hardness of the shock absorbers, brake …) and you can easily choose a varied route (see 10).
- Pay attention to the vehicle owner. He drove your future car for a long time; you should be interested in him. Who is he? Is it a young fan speed sports? Or rather a grandfather? Is it thorough? Ask him his use of the vehicle (short trips / long trips) and he uses it every day. To choose, prefer the car’s grandfather that rolls every day or almost on long trips.
- Check the general condition of the vehicle. Is it clean? Make an outside look carefully round the body, if you take this vehicle you will leave with all faults. Look at the state of the tires. If the wear is irregular (not the same across the tread) this may indicate a lack of parallelism. Look at the sides of the front tires, pronounced wear on the tire edge indicates a sporty driving.
- The vehicle test. Stay focused because you’ll be little time to judge the behavior of the vehicle, but nothing prevents you to chat with the owner to continue to ask the questions that interest you (vehicle consumption , behavior …) and especially remember to ask if the vehicle was crashed (it has no right to lie to you on this point).
Try driving on different road types, find a nice straight line and let go of the steering wheel. If the vehicle veers slightly to one side it may indicate a problem in management. When you go on a speed bump, listen carefully to the noise of the shock absorbers, if they make a clicking noise is that you will soon have to replace them. When you get to the stop or traffic lights, brake hard for you to report the vehicle’s braking capacity (check your mirrors so as not to surprise someone behind you). Make also slow braking (slowly and carefully press the brake pedal), you hear a creaking you may be the pads and brake discs to change.